1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Diaper woes...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Amykins, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Amykins

Amykins Crowing

May 11, 2013
    Tried to put Wobs in her training diaper for the first time today - and it was a total disaster! She positively freaked out. I know the first time is always hard, and I used many peas to help assuage the situation, but I don't want her to hate me. She already flips out when I go to pick her up.

Any fellow house duck owners that have already gone through "potty training" that can offer me any advice?

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners 8 Years

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    All I can offer is [​IMG]

3. Amykins

Amykins Crowing

May 11, 2013
    That's what I was afraid of. :p But yay, hugs! <3

4. featheredfashions

featheredfashions Songster

Aug 31, 2011
    Florida
    It just takes time. They will adjust. All of our indoor ducks needed to adjust. And they did. Be patient [​IMG]. Even our finest Feathered Fashions models needed time to get used to our diapers .

5. Amykins

Amykins Crowing

May 11, 2013
    And what lovely models they are! [​IMG]

If you have any tips for training, pleeeease PM me. I'm at a loss. I started training her to come, learn her name and be calm when handled since day 3 but I feel like I may as well be trying to train a brick.

6. featheredfashions

featheredfashions Songster

Aug 31, 2011
    Florida

Thank you for the compliment!! [​IMG] Sent you a PM [​IMG]

7. JBraz21

JBraz21 In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2015
    Corvallis, OR
    I have 2 indoor chickens and had some diapers made, any advice on how to diaper train them? I tried them once and both started bucking like a bull. Any tips or tricks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: