Diarrhea, cecal poop, pre-laying poop or something else?

FrauFrost

Songster
8 Years
Mar 7, 2014
NJ
Here there - just wanted some opinions on what kind of feces you think this might be? I just went to check on my gang of pullets and cockerels and one of my crew must have just left it. There are no other signs of this kind of feces, all the other feces are normal. We are experiencing some pretty hot weather and I know sometimes that can reek havoc on their little systems. They have fresh water and food and everyone seems happy and active. Any help would be appreciated ....

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 12
That looks like a hot weather cecal poo to me. They drink more when it's hot which can cause runny droppings. Cecal poos are normal about every 10 droppings, and color and consistency can vary. Unless someone looks ill, or you start to see a lot of this, it's likely it's normal and nothing to worry about.

That looks like a hot weather cecal poo to me. They drink more when it's hot which can cause runny droppings. Cecal poos are normal about every 10 droppings, and color and consistency can vary. Unless someone looks ill, or you start to see a lot of this, it's likely it's normal and nothing to worry about.
Thank you so much!! You really put my mind at ease. :)

Back
Top Bottom