diarrhea,not eating...drinking.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lovemelovemybirds, Sep 14, 2010.

1. lovemelovemybirds

lovemelovemybirds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    Grand Junction
    my really cool hen is sick...the rest show no symptoms....I isolated her, gave her Tetracycline water....her butt is covered with foul smelling feces...she tryed to drink..it all came back up. Wants to eat...but does not. My books do not say any think specific for treatment...any thoughts? Shes so sociable.. use to come up and follow you around the yard....

2. monathequeen

monathequeen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Burlington KS
    Try giving her plain yogurt with her water...sounds like she has probably eaten something that was a little toxic. Chickens who free range will eat all kinds of things like plants that are toxic.
    I would just keep her seperated and watch her closely.
    The yogurt will help. Try mixing it with peas and corn....my chicks love peas and corn...Hope she come out of this funk she's in...

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    also you need to clean her bottom real good! don't let the poop stay on there can be serious

4. lovemelovemybirds

lovemelovemybirds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    Grand Junction
    thanks guys.. cleaned to poopy but and gave her fresh zucchinisquash and yougurt...she just got weaker and weaker.... and passed on yesturday morning. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by