Diarrhea or not diarrhea?

Noobchick

Songster
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Creedmoor, NC
I looked at the poop pic website and identified their poop as ceacal. But ever since I gave them vitamins to correct a vitamin defeciency, they seem to be passing ceacal poops way more often, about every other poop, depending on the bird.

Is it possible I'm wrong and this is diarrhea caused by the vitamins?

Can you post the link to the poop pic website?

thx

smile.png

Quote:
That link is crap!!!...sorry I couldn't help myself!!!
hide.gif

No need to apologize.

I agree with you!

I've never seen so much crap in all my life!!
big_smile.png

And . . . thanx, Noobchick, for the link. It's very helpful.

smile.png

No helpful answers??
hit.gif

This morning my chickens feel like their breastbone is sticking out from skin and bones and theyre noticably lighter. I need help please.

Are they eating/drinking? How old are they? The vitamins don't have iron in them do they? (polyvisol - NO iron)

Also, if you give them too much fruit treats, like watermelon, it can affect their stools.

Happy Chooks-

They seem to be eating and drinking normally. Maybe not as active and chirpy, but i attribute that to the fact that theyre bigger and there isnt as much room in the brooder as there used to be. (or maybe theyre bored??)

I first used Poly-vi-sol (no iron) without much improvement so then I used Nutri-Drench for 3 days. They stopped drooping on one side but then started with the increased ceacal poop.

Ive only fed my birds live mealworms once, almost three weeks ago. Theyve had cherries once also. Other than that I havent fed them treats because I didnt want to make their loose poops worse.

Could they have eaten too many mealworms that time? They were REALLY excited about them. Lol

So now Im really confused as to what the problem could be.

Back
Top Bottom