1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Diarrhea! Treatment and ideas

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 18palm, Aug 20, 2016.

1. 18palm

18palm Just Hatched

Jul 4, 2016
    I have a rooster and he is with diarrhea since last night. I dont know if it is bc he are a piece of pancake that he saw on the floor by accident. But I notice that his comb is pale and that make me a little bit more worried. Please help me out bc I'm new at this

2. chickengr

chickengr Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    did you worm him? if there is no other symptom I would worm him first and watch him.

3. 18palm

18palm Just Hatched

Jul 4, 2016
    What do you mean with worm him? @chickengr

4. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

did you use any worming medication on your roo? That's what chickengr means.

Have you checked your boy for lice and mites?
    Is he drinking/eating well?

5. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    x2

6. 18palm

18palm Just Hatched

Jul 4, 2016
    He is eating and drinking and he no longer has diarrhea. I guess it wasn't that bad. I just got him so I haven't worming him yet. What should I use? Is diarrhea a simpthom if he has mites?[​IMG]

7. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    diarrhea can mean anything but we usually start with worming and dusting for parasites. you say you just got him so it might have been stress only.

good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by