1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herducks

Herducks Songster

Aug 12, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    Just got 14 eggs in the mail, 12 have detached air cells. [​IMG] I am setting them upright and praying for some of them to make it. They are bantam cochin eggs. Sometimes i hate to Post Office. [​IMG]

2. MarineCorpFarmr

MarineCorpFarmr Songster

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    Has anyone tried to get eggs via ground shipping vs air? The cash some of yall pay out for eggs and get a couple of chicks is ridiculous! If you're paying that much you dang sure should be getting what you pay for. Just sayin

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Premium Member Project Manager 6 Years

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OH CRUD!!!!! How long you setting and what position and what is your game plan? uggg and purdy cochins too!!! How bad air the cells? rolling or bubbly???

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I got mine ground, I swear its just bad people in the postal system, ignorant.. I would love to put a video camera in a box and send it !!!

6. MarineCorpFarmr

MarineCorpFarmr Songster

Mar 9, 2012
    AL/TN Stateline
    My Coop
    really shouldn't be that hard to do, might be costly to keep a camera running for 3 days tho. But your right for the most part they could care less how they handle anything. Back when we were breeding lizards and snakes we had live lizards left in the mailbox to cook and the box was smashed in to fit. We saved them, but it shows how little they care about anything that goes through their hands.

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    My daughter, Harmony is making a homemade bator this weekend with her daddy.... she says she doesnt like mine! She read how to make a bigger better one, here she sat and read the article I had open on BYC!!!

So I bought the parts fo her... I am going to let her do a website/Article too, on its making, incubation, and the life of the chickens..... she will be 8 and already has read so many books and read online... she says its a documentary!!! The other morning she said she is working on a drawing of chicken body parts and then an egg! lol so much for Barbies!! So she is receiving 24 polish and brahma eggs in the mail on monday!!! It was a mixed bag deal so it will be cool to do an identification section on her article as well, from the looks & weighs of an egg to chick to pullet....

I love babygirl!!!

SPARKY get that bator running!!

No word on my DUCK eggs : (

Oh and hello everyone.... ANYONE else got some in the bator or is it just Harmony (me lol) and Herducks??

JamiHartley likes this.
  9. Sparkypatriot15

Sparkypatriot15 Songster

Jul 13, 2012
    They STILL haven't brought the bator!!! Idk what's going on but they just won't bring it over! /: I sure hope they do soon I don't want to miss this chance to incubate with some experts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: