Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is day 18 around sometime this afternoon. I candled this morning everyone looks good to go except the half that is a day behind. They still looked like they had a little swimming room. Kind of worried about waiting for lock down. When I candled I saw one of them bouncing on the air cell. Not pipped yet just looked like it was bouncing. Should I go ahead and lock down?

I think the easiest would be to stop turning the first batch on their day 18, turn the second batch for one more day and up the humidity a bit so long, to say 5% under you would at full lockdown, then all the way to where you should be once the second bath is ready. I don't think one day of lower humidity would harm the first ones.

I upped my humidity 5% only because I think I will have an early bloomer. I am going to turn 1 more time and then lock everyone down tonight before I go to bed. I think I only have 1 egg ahead of everyone else or at least that is what it looks from candling. I can't tell since all the eggs look alike on the outside and I didn't number.
he.gif
Ima Genius strikes again.

your fine! remember I wasnt even home the last week for those hatched! They werent turned either and hatched day 18 19 and I had a instant lockdown and the entire time was an open bator close bator deal and they did fine!!! Your ok your ok!!!! come on peepers!! rockin and rollin comin up!!!

Went back to get kiddo from school this afternoon. Chicken seller is opposite the school gates, so of course I stopped by to say hello to a beautiful rooster and the guy came over and confirmed my order for next week. I asked him again for a roo and he's pretty sure he's got one for me
ya.gif

Went back to get kiddo from school this afternoon. Chicken seller is opposite the school gates, so of course I stopped by to say hello to a beautiful rooster and the guy came over and confirmed my order for next week. I asked him again for a roo and he's pretty sure he's got one for me
ya.gif

Your about to be in the chick makin business.
jumpy.gif

I am thinking hands off and no worry might be the best hatchin policy...wish I could get the brain to completely agree with that statement. Maybe my bloodpressure would be better.
ep.gif

I'm making a comeback. After saying I'm not doing it again
roll.png
It's DH's fault. He's making me do it!

I used to get so worked up when I hatched eggs, I kept saying never again and then I'd collect eggs and I get one from my ancient Australorp X hen. We so loved hatching her eggs and passing on those fab genes... Gosh at one point we had 2 incubators running and then 2 hens went broody. We had chicks everywhere! LOL I absolutely love chicks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom