Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So the eggs are in lockdown. I did like you said Sally, and positioned them with the lowest air cell dip up. Well, I did the best I could due to the wonky air cells. Humidity is about 43%. I was told by another BYC member not to increase my humidity till I get my first pip to keep chicks from drowning. What are your opinions on this? I thought I had to get humidity to around 60 for lockdown. Please reply with helps. You guys are getting me through this...maybe.
smile.png
O.K. I'm not Sally, but here goes: I increase humidity on day 18 when I lock down and the only drowned chick I ever had was due to an incubator issue (the placement of the water wells and air circulation).

Gah...it must be dry in here. My humidity is sloooooooooooowly rising from 50. It hit 50 quick but is only gaining a percent every so often. I had so much trouble getting to 50, I bet it goes way high now. It would be my luck. :(. Edited to add that this is with paper towels trailing out of full reservoirs and sponges.

Last edited:
Gah...it must be dry in here. My humidity is sloooooooooooowly rising from 50. It hit 50 quick but is only gaining a percent every so often. I had so much trouble getting to 50, I bet it goes way high now. It would be my luck.
sad.png
. Edited to add that this is with paper towels trailing out of full reservoirs and sponges.
Remember it's not the depth of the water but the overall surface

ep.gif
You understood those words? I got the general idea, but, yikes. Wasn't feeling like the smartest apple reading that, LOL!

Oz, speak English! You're not at the hospital now
smile.png
heterokairy is used to define the variability or plasticity in the timing of the onset of developmental events 'at the level of an individual or population. hetero - different kairy - at the same time. Meaning that the continuously lower temp incubation had no effect on when they pipped. it did have an effect on when they hatched though. the lungs developed essentially before the rest of the development.

it was a high powered study but the hatch rates were not great in either arm.

no abstracts on drilling tops of eggs. its my hypothesis. one day i will do a two hundred egg study and publish it, but not this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom