diatomaceous-earth-food-grade mail order sources

Linda Jayne

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
I don't have any place to buy this around where I live so I started looking online for places to buy it mail order. I'm looking for some references of mail order places that you have bought from that you're happy with & which places should I avoid? I'm just worried about buying something labeled as food grade being sold by an unscrupulous dealer that will harm my chickens!

Thanks,

Linda

SPRING CREEK FARM

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Vanleer,TN
I just had someone from BYC tell me that they get theirs on Ebay and a 50# bag was $55.00. I don't know where you live but our local farmers co-op has some ordered that is supposed to be food grade, which I will make sure of before I purchase it. If you don't have a farmers co-op in your area, have you tried someplace like TSC?

Linda Jayne

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Quote:Thanks very much! I'll check out EBAY. I live near Los Angeles, CA...we don't have a TSC. We have a couple feed & hay stores but they don't carry DE.

frogs n chickens

Chirping
10 Years
May 19, 2009
valley springs, calif.
Earthworkshealth.com Out Of Nebraska Is Where I Got Mine.
A 50# Bag For 27.50 And Around 22.00 For S And H. Lots Of Info On De Ontheir Website.
This Stuff Really Works For The Flies And The Smell. I Live In The Country And Am Surrounded By Horses And Flies, But Non In The Coop.

Top Bottom