diatomaceous-earth-food-grade mail order sources

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Linda Jayne, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Linda Jayne

Linda Jayne In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2009
    I don't have any place to buy this around where I live so I started looking online for places to buy it mail order. I'm looking for some references of mail order places that you have bought from that you're happy with & which places should I avoid? I'm just worried about buying something labeled as food grade being sold by an unscrupulous dealer that will harm my chickens!

Thanks, [​IMG]

Linda

2. goldenluver

goldenluver Songster

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    I buy mine off e-bay. It is the perma-gaurd food grade DE. Total cost inluding shipping is $55.00 for an 50lb. bag.

3. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    I just had someone from BYC tell me that they get theirs on Ebay and a 50# bag was $55.00. I don't know where you live but our local farmers co-op has some ordered that is supposed to be food grade, which I will make sure of before I purchase it. If you don't have a farmers co-op in your area, have you tried someplace like TSC?[​IMG]

4. Linda Jayne

Apr 30, 2009
    Quote:Hi,

What is TSC?

Thanks!

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    TSC = Tractor Supply Company

I ordered mine off Ebay as well. 50# bag for 55.00! Got it in today. Fast shipment and wow this is a Huge bag!

6. Linda Jayne

Apr 30, 2009
    Quote:Thanks very much! I'll check out EBAY. I live near Los Angeles, CA...we don't have a TSC. We have a couple feed & hay stores but they don't carry DE.

7. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    Earthworkshealth.com Out Of Nebraska Is Where I Got Mine.
    A 50# Bag For 27.50 And Around 22.00 For S And H. Lots Of Info On De Ontheir Website.
    This Stuff Really Works For The Flies And The Smell. I Live In The Country And Am Surrounded By Horses And Flies, But Non In The Coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: