Diatomaceous Earth for worms

CityBredCountry

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 1, 2014
I watched a video recently that diatomaceous earth will help keep the chickens wormed. I am brand new to chickens and wondering how true this is.

She recommends a small feeding about to them every few months for maintenance. But feed for a good solid week with other food if treating for worms.

She also claims that it keeps her eggs clean. That chickens with worms produce dirty eggs.

Is this true?

I watched a video recently that diatomaceous earth will help keep the chickens wormed.....

She also claims that it keeps her eggs clean. That chickens with worms produce dirty eggs.

Is this true?

I saw an ad once that claimed that Buffalo tallow would cure everything from TB to acne. Just because someone said it don't make it so.

Caveat Emporium or something like that.

Most people on here say that DE only works (by physical abrasion) when dry, so in the digestive tract it does nothing to worms or worm eggs. That makes sense, because in powder form each flake is independent, like a bunch of tiny razors, but when wet it would clump together, along with whatever else is in the tract.

I watched a video recently that diatomaceous earth will help keep the chickens wormed. I am brand new to chickens and wondering how true this is.

She recommends a small feeding about to them every few months for maintenance. But feed for a good solid week with other food if treating for worms.

Is this true?

LOL. I saw that youtube video last year for the first time...laughable and misinformative.

I did not think that it would have been true, but thought that I would post it here to double check. Sometimes there are just those hidden secrets that are true. Thanks for your input all!

If it was a good wormer or preventative, wouldn't it would be in all pet food? I would think so... Horses, cows, dogs, cats, goats. sheep, pigs, birds, etc, all susceptible to worms.

-Kathy

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
I made an enema!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom