Dick Clark looked great!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickie Mamma, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Did he bring tears to anyone else's eyes! He wanted to be there and I thought the effort was heartfelt!!! [​IMG]

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I haven't seen him yet, it's only 10 here...but I'm hoping to see how he looks before someone changes the channel on me. [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    He was on??? Oh man, I searched through the listings and didn't see his name anywhere, so I figured he had finally given up on it. [​IMG] That's great that he still tries! I'll miss him when he is no longer able to. Carson Daly and Ryan Seacrest just don't cut it! That's like Drew Carey taking over 'The Price is Right', I haven't watched that since!

4. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Well, happy "early" New Years to you!! He looked wonderful. His speech was a little slurred, but he made me cry. I am 34 and always remembered him doing New Years. The year he had the stroke devastated us. I thought he looked great and gave it his all to bring in the New Year!! [​IMG]

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    How old is Dick Clark now??

6. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    i didn't know he had a stroke. Will

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Drew Carey does not cut it in my eyes compared to Bob Barker. But Yes, Dick Clark was on channel 7. He looked great! I missed him!! Ryan Seacrest should just stay with American Idol.. [​IMG]

8. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I don't know for sure... but I think he is pushing 80. Correct me if I am wrong... [​IMG]

9. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    i knew he said this was his 37th year at times square

10. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Yes, I believe it was 2-3 years ago when he had the stroke. he didn't do the countdown that first year that he was sick. It was not the same without him. I am glad he was back!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by