Dickey or Rite Farm cabinet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lmck, Mar 4, 2017.

1. lmck

lmck Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2016
    I need opinions and reviews, please. Looking to purchase a cabinet incubator and it's between a Dickey and a Rite Farm 264/352. Thanks in advance.

2. Bellarea

Bellarea New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    Bump! I have the same question. I can't find hardly any reviews on the rite farm cabinet incubators.

3. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Ok I checked the rite farm website. The 3600 digital bator caught my eye. First one I have seen under 100 dollars with the day counter in it. Holds 36 eggs. I am going to look further into this one. I think I have seen it elsewhere on the net with a yellow lid instead of the red one. Same bator?? Or same company with different bells and whistles?? Hum, looking into this. Could it be Janoel company?
    Best,
    Karen

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. rollinreed

rollinreed Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2016
    We had a bad experience with the cheap Plastic Yellow Incubator, not sure if Rite Farms makes the yellow one but they look identical. Humidity was hard to control, no way to calibrate the thermometer, and the control panel on ours failed after the second hatch attempt.

Personally I am sticking tot he Styrofoam ones till I find the right cabinet to buy. I like the Farm Innovators forced air 4200 the best.

5. Bellarea

Bellarea New Egg

Mar 31, 2015
    This is the model that Hubby and I have been looking
    at.http://www.coopsnmore.com/Rite_Farm_Pro_528_Cabinet_Incubator_Hatcher_p/2169.htm Love the design of it, just can't find any reviews, and only a handful of videos on youtube. 10 acre farms answered my question on how theirs was holding up, and that they had issues to fix. I don't want to spend this kind of money to "modify" it to work right.
    One (the Pro-440) came up for sale at the local chicken auction last week, it didn't sell, the owner wanted $500 for it. We are going to talk to him next friday, I'll report back with what we learn.

6. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    From what I've read in these forums, go with Dickeys. Made to order. Some say GQF. But customer service on Dickeys is tops. Quality product.

7. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Will be interested in what you learn.
    Best,
    Karen

8. rollinreed

rollinreed Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2016
    You recommend Dickeys. I have looked their website, not many detailed photos, Max chicken egg capacity 96. I am unable to find review on youtube about them. They appear to be hand made wooden copies of the sportsman and Do you or anyone else have more pictures, reviews, etc of the Dickeys Cabinets? I will email Mr. dickey also.

Thanks

9. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    96 per level. (96x3 total).
    I personally have not used them, but if you do a search, you will find discussions comparing the 2.
    From what I've read, you can't go wrong with either.
    Brinsea also makes cabinet incubators. More expensive, but Brinsea products are some of the best. Www.brinsea.com

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. MBK Farm

MBK Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2015
    Citrus County, Florida
    I have a Rite Farm 3600 and have used it for two hatches and just got a big order for birds. After using the Rite Farm 3600 it's going to be either a Dickeys or Sportsman by GQF. The Rite Farm held good temp, but during second incubation the egg turner went out and had to use back-up foam bator. In my opinion from the cheaper 3600 model, Rite Farm is just okay and from scouring the boards here, when spending that kind of cash, it looks to be either a Sportsman or a Dickeys and I'm leaning heavily towards Dickeys personally. Rite Farm 3600 is just okay, not a top notch quality product. Just my two coppers worth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by