Dickey vs Sportsman incubator

LocoPollo

Songster
Aug 13, 2008
Ellijay, GA
I was just wondering how these incubators compare. They look almost identical, with the dickey being a bit cheaper. Are they pretty much the same?

I've never owned a Sportsman, but I just got my Dickey in this week, and I love it. It is very well made, very sturdy. I was going to get a Sportsman, but I got the Dickey instead, and I am very pleased with it. We've also spoken to Mr Dickey several times since the purchase, and he is very nice to deal with, is happy to answer any questions we may have.

Paula

Quote:
Well, as I said, I don't own a Sportsman. I know they work very well, and it's what most people have. I was going to get one, but when hubby and I compared the two, we thought that the Dickey was more sturdy, and better made. The cabinet is made with fir plywood and cypress framing, and the trays are very well made. I just feel it's a better built incubator for less money, very well put together. Just my opinion. I'm sure those who have the Sportsman feel the same about them. I had never heard of the Dickey until BamaChicken brought it to my attention. She also bought one recently, and from what she says, loves it. As I said, I've never owned a Sportsman, and I am sure they work just about the same, but I am very impressed with the Dickey. I would recommend it to anyone.

Paula

I have a used sportsman, a I looking to get a second incubator. I've been kicking around a brinsea, another sportsman or calling Sunny Creek Farm for a used 21 Humidaire to go with the hatcher i have.

What a delima
he.gif

Paula

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom