Did anyone buy anything in Lebanon?

GRAM49

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Indiana
Did anyone get anything? I did. Got two Buff Brahma Bantams. Wish I had gotten three or four, but didn't want to overdue it the first time. They are really sweet. Will have to live in a pet carrier for a couple weeks for quarantine, but think they are healthy. Now my problem is - can they be placed with standard pullets the same age? Will the standards hurt them? The bantams aren't teeny teeny, but the standards are much bigger. Let us hear what you got at the show!
Gram

I really wanted to buy some, but I didn't.
sad.png
I really wanted a pair of silver sebrights. I have too many chicks right now to deal with plus a hen sitting on 16 eggs that should hatch soon. My little sister got three bantam cochin chicks to breed to her fizzle next spring. It was a good day. I am glad to be home.
Sorry I can't answer any of your questions.

No problem, just glad you got to go. I did not see the Sebrights or I would have had some of those too!

The silver sebrights were infront of the youth show. There was two pair. I asked about them. They said the hens weren't laying. THat is the main reason I didn't get them. They were pretty.

Last edited:
i went today and brought home two salmon favorell hens and two bunnies!!! I wish i could have met some of the other bycer's maybe next time we should all wear a name tag that says I AM A BYCER!!!! HAHAHA as for your question about putting the two together I would try it and just watch to make sure they were all gettting along ,sharing food and water i mean!! sometimes you can do that and other times not .

I bought a silver laced wyandotte hen today! She is quite nice, and from Acker's Exhibition Poultry. I went to the show wanting to buy a SLW. She was the only pullet I saw for sale. Thank goodness I got there super early. I had a really good time today, except that a partridge EE hen took bov in the brown red ameraucana class.

GRRRRR!!!!

What bird was the judge looking at??!!

She even had green leggs!!

I didn't buy anything but my friend bought 2 brown bantam leghorns, 2 buff silkies and 1 rabbit. I wanted to buy a silver spangled hamburg pullet but my mom wouldn't let me
sad.png
I was this girl walking around with the egg carton on her shirt LOL.

Hi,
Was there a good turn out there?
We went to Connersville, Indiana, it was closer and we'd never been before.
It was rather small.
Not many sale birds at all.
We should have went to leb. but I thin it would have been about 1 1/2 hours from where we were, thought it would be over by the time we got there.
Oh well, next time,

Were the buff silkies nice your friend got?
Take care all.
Ang

Didn't buy anything but walked around with my son, his GF and my daughter. We didn't get there till almost 2 and by the time I found the sale barn there were only a few left. (I wouldn't have been able to buy anyway, but was hoping to get an idea on pricing)

Got to talk to a man who had some rabbits, chickens, ducks and a couple turkeys. He was really helpful.

I REALLY wanted to get my hands on some of the birds to see how calm they were (or not). I also wanted to get a hold of one of those Toulouse geese! I just LOVE them! Does anyone have any experience with them?

My daughter just loves the Polish bantams. My son just looked at her, shook his head and said "Disco is dead". (you gotta be a "Mystery Men" fan to understand why that was funny)
smile.png

I was surprised by my son who fell in love with the bantam ducks. He nearly squealed like a little girl when he saw them. (It's significant because he's 15, 6'1" and wants to join the military.)
wink.png

Anyway, the show was good in that in convinced me that getting chickens (& other poultry) is a good idea. And I think it has encouraged my son and daughter to help me get the coop and run ready so we can bring some birds home sooner! (hoping to find some at the show in Columbus on the 8th!)

I agree about the name tags! I would pass people and wonder "Are THEY from the BYC??"
wink.png

b

Back
Top Bottom