1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did anyone else jump on the McMurray Sale?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chick_In_The_Burbs, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    McMurray had a sudden (and short!) sale today on Brown Egg Layer Assortments and Rainbow Layer Assortment chicks. It was to cover all the sales that had to be rescheduled or canceled due to the storm. I caught it in time to buy 25 chicks; the brown egg layer assortment. Anyone else catch the sale in time? I can't wait for these little fluffies to arrive!

It would be awesome to compare what we get if someone else out there got the same assortment. :)

2. I was just putting my order together this morning........and yet I totally missed it. [​IMG]That was going to be most of my order, plus some Naked Necks, Faverolles, and bantams.

We got the Brown Egg Layer Assortment a couple years ago. We've lost most of them over the years (dogs, cats, hawks, etc) but I think we got: Columbian Wyandottes, RIRs/New Hampshires (honestly, from their stock they're really hard to tell apart), Partridge Rocks, Buff Rocks, Naked Necks, Light Brahmas, Australorps, Buff Orps, White Rocks, Barred Rocks, Red Leghorns, Blue Andalusians, Easter Eggers, Dark Cornishes, and a few others I can't remember. Up until recently, we still had: one Columbian Wyandotte, a Buff Orpington, a Black Australorp, a Partridge Rock, 3 RIRs, a Red Leghorn, two Dark Cornishes, and a few others I can't remember (I definitely have too many chickens if I can't remember all of them any more....... .-.). We lost the Partridge Rock to a dog a couple weeks ago, the Buff Orp to an owl, a RIR to a racoon, and the Leghorn just died mysteriously, but we still have the rest. Most of the others we sold or lost when they were a few weeks old and a cat got in the brooder. They were all really good birds. Definitely not show worthy (except maybe the Australorp) but they were pretty nonetheless. :)

3. bilder

bilder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Phoenix, Oregon
    This is the first I heard of it. Guess I should subscribe to their newsletter and facebook page.

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Nice, thanks! I am actually buying these for the purpose of reselling locally. I am hoping I get an interesting assortment just for kicks. If you like them on FB you will get the updates faster. They seem to post there first and that's how I found out. They stopped the sale about ten minutes after I placed my order so I am going to guess that the sale price lasted less than an hour.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by