Did anyone else set today (9-4-09)?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duckboatprincess, Sep 4, 2009.

1. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Well... I just set my first eggs in the homemade incubator. Is anyone else setting today? Wanna be hatch buddies? I'm excited.
    I got a dozen EEs from miss_jayne today (along with my cute new cayuga drake!).

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    We set last nite .. so close enough.

Cochin Bantams
    Sicilian Buttercups
    Salmon Favs
    Blue Wheaton Amer.

36 eggs .. I think.

3. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    yes, i had to send my eggs home with my mother. she borrow my bator months ago and i haven't seen it since. lol so this morning i called her and asked her to fire it up again, because i was going to run some eggs out to her. well then my horse got hurt and she needed to help me and bring supplies, so i sent the eggs home with her. my step daddy #1, says she should have brought the bator to me...lol this way she will watch it and take care of the chicks. what a good mom.

4. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Lol... That's great. I've never hatched anything and I've only had chickens once, so I'm nervous but I'm excited too...

What are you hatching wwit?

Texasgal... I want to get cochins eventually. I think they're hilarious! They look so chubby it's cute.

5. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i sold a bunch of my laying hens in the last couple days so i saved some of their eggs. i set ee, some white,(could be andalusians or minorca mixes) and some dark ones, marans and i don't know what else is laying almost as dark as the marans.... only a dozen. everyone always wants those ee.

6. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Do you guys know when you can start to candle?

7. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Don't know if you're still in the game .. but we went on Lockdown today ...

These are being incubated at a friends .. we did no candling .. but we think there must be some live chicks in there as it was reported to me that her dogs took an intense interest in the incubator yesterday ..

Maybe they are hearing some peep peeps that she can't yet??

8. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    I hate not being there .. I'll be bugging her several times a day until we get a pip .. LOL.

If nothing else hatches .. I want the favs .. and she needs the cochins..

we'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by