Did anyone go the the Ohio National Poultry show in Columbus

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by 4-H chicken mom, Nov 10, 2007.

1. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Any news from anyone who went to the big show in Ohio. I am going tommorrow to see if anyone is selling.[​IMG]

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    We went today and got some chickens that were really good deals, we think. We knew the show probably wouldn't run til noon but were surprised the breeders were packing up as early as 9:30 or 10:00. I thought it was very interesting...next time I want to go earlier in the day. We got two Gold-Laced Hamburg pullets, and two (uh-oh, I can't remember what they're called...they're cream colored and look sorta like Silkies but they're not..."fancy-feathered"...?) Anyway, they're pullets too, and really cute and very tame. If you want a variety of good breeding stock, that would be a very good place to look. What did anyone else get?

3. CuddlesXL

CuddlesXL Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2007
    We went Saturday...got some silver spangled Hamburgs,some booksanda hovabator.First time there for us.We had a great time...yep we are newbies lol...[​IMG]

4. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    We went Saturday and got frizzled gold laced polish, white polish, w/c black polish, and mottled cochins.

5. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I bought too much - 4 Silkies - 4 Quail and an OE Roo

the best time as an FYI is right before leaving on Sunday for bargains - and Friday for first Choice -

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Ah! I live in CA and I'm so jealous because that's way too far! I can't wait for the big show here in January so I can get some nice birds!

7. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    Got my first chickens there - a trio of golden sebrights [​IMG]

8. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    Did any one else go?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by