Did I blow it???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kadjain, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

Today I saw my Silky x B. Brahma cross come running out from under one of my small coops. I looked under there and found 14 eggs. I thought she was just laying under there and didn't realize she was brooding. I collected the eggs while she was out, then she came back and was looking all over for her eggs. I realized what a stupid thing I just did and put the eggs back immediately. The eggs weren't out but maybe 20 minutes but it was enough time for them to cool down. They weren't cold but they were not warm either.
    While I was collecting them one of my W. Leghorns came by and pecked a hole in one. I cracked it open in the house to see if they were developing and of course they were
    Did I blow it or will the eggs still be able to hatch?

Thanks
    Kadjain

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Angeljim95

Angeljim95 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2011
    Denver
    Don't you worry my friend, if the momma is still sitting on them then they will more then likely hatch! [​IMG]

Do you have a pic of the cracked egg? or do you know how developed it was?

I hope she's still broody [​IMG]

3. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

should be ok [​IMG]

4. Kadjain

Yeah she sat right back on the eggs. She was right there watching me put them back probably thinking what a jerk I was.

I didn't take a pic but the embryo had an eye, viens and what was obviously a head section and body section. Sounds so pretty doesn't it?

I hate learning from my mistakes! Why can't I just have an immediate sense of knowledge?

"improvise adapt and overcome"

I like it​

5. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:they are coming out with knowledge pills next year [​IMG]

6. Kadjain

they are coming out with knowledge pills next year

I can't wait, I'm gunna give my son double doses. [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The eggs should be fine, but you need to keep that egg eater away from the nest!!!!!!!

8. Angeljim95

Angeljim95 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2011
    Denver
    YAY!! Then they will most likely hatch!!!! [​IMG] And aww don't worry your human, your suppossed to commit errors before learning from them atleast be happy you learn, there's people who never learn [​IMG]

9. Kadjain

She's normally not an egg eater. She just pecked one little hole in it and was starring at it when I saw her. Also the Silky cross is a little scrapper, I don't think she would let anyone else get close to the nest.

I do appreciate that about myself, that I learn from my mistakes. Pride is overwhelming for some I guess.

Thanks for all the replies, I was stressin about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by