Did I Do It Wrong!!

ilovemydog

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
Candle once at day 7 and saw some great air sacs' growing in about all 7 eggs. Anyway we couldn't find the markings on the eggs(under a broody) so we kept turning them lightly but not super slow. itll be day 20 on this upcoming wednesday so looking for a thanksgiving hatch
wee.gif
do you think it was fine bcuz we did turn most of them or do you think i killed them.

i meant when i was candling them i kept turning them to see a better view. it was my first time so i want to make sure i just didn't kill them.

Last edited:
I am new to chickens so my info is ? but it is my understanding you can't turn them too much just to little also if they are under a broody she will turn them and you don't have too. Have you tried candling one? Take it out and hold it to a small flashlight and see if you can see movement or veins.
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

I'm not quite certain why you were turning eggs under a broody.? She does that multiple times a day herself. Anyway, no you did not cause any harm. If they were fertile, they will hatch.

Sorry guys i meant when i was candling them i kept turning them to see a better view. it was my first time so i want to make sure i just didn't kill them.

Back
Top Bottom