1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

did i do this right? *pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by showjumper_girl2002, Sep 1, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    one of my ducks has angel wing and i was wondering if i wrapped it correctly to fix it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do you think? will this work?

2. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    I think most people only wrap the wing that has it. But I am not sure, I have never had to deal with angel wing before.

3. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    me niether. i'm new to owning ducks. but i wrapped his body because both wings have it and when i tried to wrap them individually the wrap always came off or didn't hold it close enough in the correct position. if anything this is hopefully better than nothing [​IMG]

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Wrap the wing in the correct position of how it should be then wrap the wing to the body. Or you can just wrap the wing to the body in the corrct position with out doing each wing seperate first. I have had better luck with it staying on if you do it individually then to the body. Also looks like some of the wing that should be wraped is not. Like you didnt go far enough down the body with you wrap. Could just be the picture though.

5. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    I thought the same thing. In the first picture it looks like it's still sticking out. The tip of the wing should be close to the body. Good luck!

6. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by