Did I do wrong????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terrilhb, Jan 19, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Lockdown last night at 8pm. Have still air incubator 9200. Took 1 red plug out when I started did not put it back last night. Should I is it to late. Help:barnie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    What is your humidity? If it is low then go ahead and put the plug in. It is not too late. Try not to beat yourself up too much. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

i'm sorry but I'm new to hatching...I took both of my red plugs out of my still air LG 9200 and have had the humidity at around 45 - 50% since day 1. I haven't gotten past day 11 yet so I'm not any help

I have read on here that humidity should be around 60 to 65% at lockdown... I don't think it's too late...

Hope someone more experienced comes along to help... Good Luck!!! [​IMG]

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I could not find a thermometer to read the humidity. So I really don't know. But I just put in back in. [​IMG] But this I promise I will have one the next time I hatch eggs.

5. buzymom13

Apr 20, 2010
    If it helps....I bought an inexpensive set of a thermometer and hygrometer at the pet store for 8 bucks.

There's info on here on how to calibrate the hygrometer and then you will always know what the humidity is. Hope it helps! [​IMG]

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Anyone here who would like a copy of the Practical Poultry magazine article on "Time to Hatch" can send me a pm with their e-mail address and I will send it to them. Or send me a pm with a fax number and I can fax it to you.

Wishing everyone a good hatch

Rancher

7. buzymom13

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Thankx rancher! I sent you my info. Sweet of you to share! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by