did i freeze them

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by waw, Jan 30, 2012.

1. waw

waw Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    my incubator got down to about 90 degrees this morning then probaly shot up to 101 for about 9 hours will they be ok if i get the temp stabilized

2. Squawkbox

Squawkbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    I'm sure they will be fine. The broody hen will get off the nest to eat/drink/eliminate so obviously the temp of the eggs would drop while she is doing that, so yours will probably be alright with the drop. I had a drop like that the other day when my dumb lightbulb burnt out in my incubator, they are still kicking around.

3. waw

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    i am using an incubator by the way

4. Squawkbox

Dec 25, 2011
    I was using the broody hen as a reference to how when she gets off the nest the egg temp drops while she is meandering about. I gathered the fact that you were using an incubator [​IMG].

5. waw

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    Oh ok
    My eggs have. Even at 95 degrees all day today and just came back to normal temp they Are on day 5 and 6 today will they be ok and also how do I keep my incubator temp stable

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. Squawkbox

Dec 25, 2011
    I don't know what kind of incubator you are using, but i'm using a homemade one and mine went from 94 to 107..it's brutal. I have it stabilized (finally) at about 101 (still air). I got it that way when my bulb burnt out, didn't have an extra (dumb, going to get more asap) and had to stick in an oven lightbulb. Works like a charm and has been stable for over a day!!
    Hope you work out the kinks in yours.

7. waw

Nov 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by