1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Did I get a Roo???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gone-Ducky, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Gone-Ducky

Gone-Ducky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    Arizona
    Is the chick with the yellow head a roo? They are gold sex-links, I know color is how you sex them but this chick is the lightest out of the 5 i got. there is red/gold race stripes on it with red/gold tinting on wings but is very light.... anyone out there have any guess to what the chick might be or will I have to just wait. thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    They both look like girls to me. Girls can be streaked with gold and a redish tint. Boys would be all white.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gone-Ducky

Gone-Ducky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    Arizona
    thanks Im hoping for all girls fingers crossed [​IMG]

4. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    its a girl because the feathers are grown out and a rooster would have shorter feathers at that age

1 person likes this.
  5. flockgirl

flockgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    ohio
    i am not 100% but the one on the right may be a roo because his legs are longer and thicker looking in your pic. I have also been told you can sex them by looking at their wing, there are 2 rows of feathers on their wings, if the rows are the same length its a roo, if they are 2 different lengths its a hen

6. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    both are girls. if they were boys they would have laughably short wing feathers at this stage.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by