1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did I get the right eggs!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by RedBrush Farm, Jul 8, 2011.

1. RedBrush Farm

RedBrush Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Missouri
    I ordered eggs to hatch and the seller put initials on the eggs for identification. i was to get Tennessee Red, Northern Wisconsin, Butler and Georgia Giant. All of the eggs are the same size.(Just a tiny bit bigger than the end of my thumb) and they are all solid white. I thought there would be variations. I have looked online and the egg pictures I found did not match??

Any info appreciated,
    B.K.

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

All bobwhite eggs are solid white from my knowledge.

3. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    All are bob whites. All those eggs will look that same. Good luck with your hatch!!! Bill

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:X2 THO A GOOD BUTLER EGG WOULD BE LARGER THAN MOST OTHERS, BUT IF FROM YOUNG HENS LIKELY THE SAME SIZE.

5. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    THEY SHOULD LOOK JUST LIKE THIS...
    [​IMG]

6. RedBrush Farm

RedBrush Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Missouri
    Thanks everyone! Today was to be the day I took them out of the egg turner. When I started to set them out, one had hatched......I think he is fine but 2 more hatched in the first hour and one broke through but died. I rechecked and know I counted the days correctly I guess they were just eager to get into the world.....

7. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Most Common Cause Is A Tad Too Warm In The Bator... Or They Were In The Hot Spot If It's A Still Air Model. Usually Doesnt Cause Much Harm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by