Did I get what I asked for?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hardy930, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hardy930

Hardy930 Hatching

Apr 25, 2019
    Delaware
    Hi everyone!

I picked these brand new cuties up from my post office yesterday morning, so they are about 3/4 days old now. I ordered them from Tractor Supply online. I asked for Silkies. Do you think I got that? I pretty much left them alone yesterday too cut down on stress and today as we were cleaning butts and changing food and poopy up etc I really noticed a few things. ALL have only 4 toes and all have pink/yellow skin, not a spot of black/blue anywhere! I’m under the impression that mostly all silkies have those as their main characteristics. These don’t really look much like any other silkie babies we’ve seen. Maybe a silkie mix? I hope not, I don’t care about show quality but damn it I paid for silkies not some random or mix breed. I hope I’m wrong. What do you think? If you guys want better pics let me know, those little booger’s are lightening fast lol

Attached Files:

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    No Silkies.
    There are a few Mille Fluer d'Uccles and porcelain d'Uccles

3. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    I see at least one porcelain D'uccle, at least one Mille fleur D'uccle, two silver sebrights, and maybe a quartet of cochins. I think someone mixed up your order.

If it's any consolation, cochins and D'uccles are far more intelligent than silkies are (as chickens go). And they're both friendly, calm breeds that go broody. Superior to silkies in every way, IMO. I mean, you want what you want, but it's not a bad trade-off, if you decide to keep them.

Can you return chicks to TSC? Anyone know?

EDT: Also, for a box of chicks, those are actually really good pictures.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. danceswithronin

danceswithronin Crowing

May 24, 2018
    Alabama
    No silkies that I see, but if you got porcelain D'Uccles in there, I'm jealous. Silver Sebrights are gorgeous too.

Having raised silkies, I think you got a superior selection there. And I love silkies.

5. The Moonshiner

The Moonshiner Professional Chicken Tender

Nov 17, 2016
    Missouri
    No silkies. Ya I see a few different bantam breeds.
    Maybe there's some good ones in there but when you ordered silkies you want silkies. I wouldn't just take the trade off. And it isn't like they're gonna say send them back.
    Call, b!tch (in a nice way) and I bet you a quarter they'll ship your silkies and this box will be a freebe.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2 sylviethecochin

puffypoo and sylviethecochin like this.
  7. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    Can't be that certain, then.

8. danceswithronin

danceswithronin Crowing

May 24, 2018
    Alabama
    I agree, I am still salty just because I had to get a Golden Laced Polish instead of a Silver Laced Polish because the hatchery called on hatch day and I had to do a substitution at the last minute.

puffypoo and sylviethecochin like this.
  9. The Moonshiner

The Moonshiner Professional Chicken Tender

Nov 17, 2016
    Missouri
    Don't confusion uncertain with just being poor :D

10. HenHouse4Life

HenHouse4Life GrandmaOnDuty

Mar 22, 2016
    Mid Michigan
    Omg can we all do a protest march on TSC :he

puffypoo likes this.