Did I get what I was told?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kburen, Apr 21, 2012.

1. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    [​IMG]

I was told she's a year and a half old Polish hen. Is this true? She's beautiful no matter what she is....I love her head feathers, they just don't look like most Polish head feathers that I've seen. Doesn't really "matter" what she is....Just wondering how truthful people are! :) And I don't recon that $7 for an already laying hen is a bad price......As has been said before....going to tractor supply can be dangerous!!!! That's how I got her....They had her and another hen and a roo.....Along with another crate of smaller younger chickens, but not sure what kind....a ton of guines (sp?), 2 big turkey and a tub of baby ducks and chicks....SOOOO cute....but husband says no more babies in the house or on the porch. Boo!

2. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    Yep, it is a polish. They wear all different type hair doos.

3. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Thanks :) I'm interested in hatching a few of her eggs for a summer project. I have a black and white EE roo......I think the babies would be cute! Now to spend the next month convincing my husband....

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    shes a mixed colored polish it looks like

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    shes a mix, to big in the body for a pure polish

6. newchknlvr

newchknlvr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    Carthage, Ny
    Very pretty!! I love her head feathers!!

7. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Any ideas on what she could be mixed with? Just out of curiosity....and thanks again everyone :) I love her head feathers too! My husband didn't mind me getting another (since it's a girl, who by the way, has given us 2 eggs already...within about a 24 hour period) but his response to her was "I still don't know why anyone would pay money for anything that ugly...." :) I think she's beautiful :) And I even got him a little excited about hatching a few of her eggs this summer to see what they'll look like! He loves to make things and the dogs ate the bottom to my incubator so I need a new one...he's going to make me a new one :)

8. Coop Deville

Coop Deville Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Are those white earlobes?

9. kburen

May 19, 2008
    yes, they are

10. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    polish have blueish white earlobes, what color are her eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by