Did I kill my eggs??

RMays

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2023
I am beating myself up so so bad. I am on day 12 of incubation and somehow in a cleaning frenzy yesterday my incubator got unplugged and I did not realize until this morning. Maybe as long as 16 hours. Horrible, I know. The temp was 65F when I plugged it back in. I killed them didn't I??

I am beating myself up so so bad. I am on day 12 of incubation and somehow in a cleaning frenzy yesterday my incubator got unplugged and I did not realize until this morning. Maybe as long as 16 hours. Horrible, I know. The temp was 65F when I plugged it back in. I killed them didn't I??
Let it warm up for awhile, then candle the eggs, & check for life? It's the only thing you can do right now.

I'm currently on day 13 of incubation.

People have been surprised before by eggs that have long gone cold, abandoned by finicky broodies or as a result of similar incidents to your own with incubators, still somehow managing to hatch. Get your incubator warmed up again, let it warm the eggs for a few hours, and then check for signs of life. Here's hoping it's not a total loss for you! :fl

I agree with the others. Let them warm back up and get stabile. Maybe in a day or two candle them to see if you see any life in any of them. I think you probably will. Unless they are totally clear and never started to develop I would be very hesitant to toss any of them based on candling at this point. I don't always see movement when I candle. I'd give them every chance.

Back
Top Bottom