Did I mess up?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by havi, Sep 11, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I had to kill time today in town and thought I would drop by Lowes. I remember seeing a tractor run built out of 1x2's, so I picked up about 8 of them today. Well when I came home and looked its really 2x2's. So can I still use the 1x2's or should I go buy 2x2's? Would Lowes allow me to take back the 1x2's and exchange them? I havent used them.

This is what Im trying to build..(the run)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I'd exchange them for 2x2's. Lowes will take them back. Just like 5 gallon paint cans filled with water, snowthrowers at the end of winter, lawnmowers at the end of summer, etc [​IMG]

3. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Just like 5 gallon paint cans filled with water, snowthrowers at the end of winter, lawnmowers at the end of summer, etc lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Can you tell me the dimensions of that run...did you have to buy plans or are you just doing it by "looks". I would be VERY interested in trying it myself for my bantam coop [​IMG]

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Yes, I'd exchange them for the 1x2s. Lowe's will do that with no problems.

I don't know about the paint cans filled with water?? I'm stumped on that one.[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I would suggest using the 2x2 boards. Much sturdier
    Lowe's should let you exchange them and just pay the difference.
    [​IMG] Absolutely lovely little coop!!

8. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:I got this off the UK eBay site. The bidding has closed, but heres the link. I plan on building the run right now and making a make-shift coop to add. Then later making this coop for it. I plan on using this as my permant bantie coop. I emailed the seller to ask if I could have the plans and she said she would take pictures and email me everything. So hopefully this will work out for me!

9. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Thanks, hopefully when I make mine it will look somewhat like that. [​IMG] I think I have everything figured out, the only problem Im having is trying to figure out how to attach the nest box. I dont think mine will be so long, and Im only going to have one. It has one on each side.

10. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    That is one pretty little coop and run! Good luck with the wood exchange! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by