1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by romien, Aug 25, 2016.

1. romien

romien Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2016
    Rocky Ford CO.
    I am now incubating my 2nd set of eggs and I have the Brinsea Mini Advanced incubator. I put the eggs in a couple of days ago, but I totally forgot to add the water until this morning. So they went 20 hours or so without humidity. Did I totally ruin my eggs, or is there still hope?

2. mistacheese

mistacheese New Egg

May 1, 2016
    Stratford Ontario
    You should be fine. The important thing is that by day 18 you've lost 13%. A little moist or dry on a specific day isn't as important as the average over the hatch.

3. romien

romien Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2016
    Rocky Ford CO.
    Whew!! Thank you!!

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Many of us actually run dry the first 17 days. As long as my humidity is around 30% give or take a few %, I run dry the first 17 days and only add water for the hatch. I monitor the air cells to know if I need to adjust before day 17. Running dry does not mean that they were w/o humidity. The Advanced has a hygrometer built in right?

Here's some humidity info to help you know if your humidity levels are good: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by