Did I shrink wrap my eggs??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wyogirl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I had one little guy hatch , was stuck , got it out very very quickly, my humidity went down to 51 for maybe a minute, then back up to 65-I thought i saw one of the eggs wiggle and chirp, but it has been 10 hrs and nothing:( Did I kill the little one?? Or should I be patient Day 22
    Ayda

2. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    what do you men it was stuck, exactly?

Hey, do you live near the 7D Ranch??

3. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    It was stuck between a water bowl and the side of incubator, chirping like crazy!
    Actually I live up Heart Mountain and only a 30 min drive to get to the 7D:)
    Have you been to Cody??
    Ayda

4. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Sorry I thought you meant stuck in the egg. I wouldn't worry...I have a multi hatch going on with no hygrometer or however it's spelled, so have to open for turning stuff, stuck chicks, etc, and it hasn't affected them when they are hatching. SOunds like your humidity drop was relly brief. So, I would say be patient. [​IMG]

I'v enever been to Cody. I've driven thru Wyoming though (long story) and it ws so beautiful. My DH worked at 7D for 2 summers, right before we met. We're talking about going there on vacation to celebrate our 10th anniv next year. our kids are old enough to leave with grandparents now, and we never got a real honeymoon. DH has such fond memories of his time there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by