1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did I tell you I have silkie eggs Pipping?UPDDATED (PICS)#2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BamaChicken, Dec 2, 2007.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    They are due tomorrow and I see two with pips and hear peeping in the hatcher. It never gets dull

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's always a rush to hear the first peeps and see that first pip, you're right.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm still waiting [​IMG] I have seen the one moving a bit again this afternoon.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good luck

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Four with pips now. Maybe by in the morning I will have chicks. I don't see a pip yet in the one white egg I have been so hoping for a I have been having low fertility with them. I just set another doz whites to see if I get any fertiles. Every black silkie egg I have put in the bator has been fertile except one.

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Yeah cant wait to see the babies. [​IMG]

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Five have hatched this morning. unfortunately not a white one so far. I will post pics later today when I get back from work and they have dryed some. One just hatched and all the others in the last two hours.

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    How exciting!!! I hope you get a white one, I know I want a white one.

9. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    The white one is pipping finally. I have three more pipping. I won't know till I get back from work. I will take pictures then.

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    100 percent hatch. I will take pics as soon as the last two dry off. One black that recently hatched it have a little trouble with leg. i think it stayed in shell to long.
    The funniest thing is that I have a brown silkie. It is out of my buff hens and problably splash Roo that I had to gether before I put them in with Rusty my Buff cockeral.
    Can't wait to show pics. Letting the last ones dry off a bit. I have quiite a few coneheads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by