((It's 4 am here so I apologize for any poor grammar)) My poults are a month old today and here is my situation: It got up to almost 90 in my room last night where I brood my babies, and nobody was happy about it! It was 75* in the rest of the house, so like an idiot I unplugged the heat lamp, vowing to turn it back on when the room cooled off. Well---I FELL ASLEEP! 2:30am I get up to get a glass of water and I feel that it is considerably colder, check my babies and they are both huddled closely in a corner of the bin, and my house thermostat read 71*. So I turn on the heat lamp and the poults wake up, puff up, and silently stand under the lamp for about 5 minutes. Now they are acting completely normal, eating and drinking and chirping. I thought they would chirp and complain if they got too cold, but they were quietly asleep all night until I turned the lamp back on. I feel really bad. Anyways my questions are (1) How do I wean them off the heat lamp? It gets WAY too hot in here even for them, and I cant raise my lamp any higher than what it is now, (2) Is 70 degrees low enough to make my month old babies sick/chilled? Going by the -5*/week guide they should be at least 75* correct? and (3) Now that they are warmed up and acting normal, anything I should watch for? I apologize again for the grammar and the worrying, I am a first-time turkey mom and these two babies are pretty much my life right now.