Did My 1 and 1/2 Week Old Chick Just Crow?!?

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
9 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I was holding my 1 and 1/2 week old barred OEGB chick this morning when it made a strange sound. It was upest and peeping very loudly to it's mom when it stuck out it's neck and did a little trill-like sound. I stood there in shock thinking "Did you just crow?!". I really hope it didn't because I want it to be a hen
sad.png
. It doesn't have a comb forming or anything!

What do you think, is it possible I heard it crow?
(Please say no!)

Joe Jordan

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
Put a zip tie on it and track it to see if it is in fact a roo. You have a 50% chance of being right just from chance but this could help confirm it. I use zip ties to track mine when I suspect roos just t see how accurate I am at sexing them. Remember to check the ties often to see if it needs to be cut and a new one put on that is more loose. Don't want to amputate any feet on accident! lol

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
9 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Put a zip tie on it and track it to see if it is in fact a roo. You have a 50% chance of being right just from chance but this could help confirm it. I use zip ties to track mine when I suspect roos just t see how accurate I am at sexing them. Remember to check the ties often to see if it needs to be cut and a new one put on that is more loose. Don't want to amputate any feet on accident! lol
I only have 2 chicks, and they are easily distinguishable.
lol.png

Thank you for your reply.
smile.png

Top Bottom