Did my ducklings blood vessel burst in her foot?

coolguy221822

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2015
I took my ducklings out of the pen today and I noticed that one had trouble walking and just kinda sat their. His top part of the foot is very red. Is it blood.

Is it liquid? Is it under the skin? I would let the little one float in some warmish water (based on brooder temperature - 80F would probably be okay unless it's less than 2 weeks old) for about 5 minutes and watch closely.

If it's very warm and red, it could be an infection.

It could be an abrasion.

Those are my thoughts without a little duck foot to look at.

hugs.gif

This is the best image I could get. It is red where the shadow is. It's worse when he is standing. I tried putting him and water and he went crazy. He is the skidding type. If it was and infection what. Can I do about it. Due to my current financial state, I can't afford a vet

Is it liquid?  Is it under the skin?  I would let the little one float in some warmish water (based on brooder temperature - 80F would probably be okay unless it's less than 2 weeks old) for about 5 minutes and watch closely.

If it's very warm and red, it could be an infection. Also I don't think it's liquid

It could be an abrasion.

:hugs

Is it liquid?  Is it under the skin?  I would let the little one float in some warmish water (based on brooder temperature - 80F would probably be okay unless it's less than 2 weeks old) for about 5 minutes and watch closely.

If it's very warm and red, it could be an infection.

It could be an abrasion.

:hugs
it is 72 degrees outside but the red spot is a bit warm

I would put a little triple antibiotic without painkiller on it three or four times a day - see if that helps. Could he have gotten burned somehow? I am not trying to make anyone feel bad - ducklings can get hurt in weird ways. Trying to figure out if we have a pinch, a burn, a sting, a bite.

Back
Top Bottom