Did my ducklings some how Unimprinted on me?

duck4u

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 27, 2013
Well last week my mom said shes gonna give them away because their too much to handle.
So today (They are 5 weeks old now) I went to school and bla bla bla.
My mom picked me up and told me the news, I got really sad and started to cry and sob.
I actually cried so much that my mom revealed the truth that they weren't with the special place for ducks.
They where at my sisters god-parents house. When we got their and I was going to get them, they saw me and ran away.
I kept up like this until I finely decided to take them home and leave them.
She said while I was gone, when dropped the ducklings off, that the other adult ducks where interacting with eachother.
They where also very hot and panted.
I don't know why they unimprinted on me. They where fine with just yesterday and followed me wherever I went. :(

Well last week my mom said shes gonna give them away because their too much to handle.
So today (They are 5 weeks old now) I went to school and bla bla bla.
My mom picked me up and told me the news, I got really sad and started to cry and sob.
I actually cried so much that my mom revealed the truth that they weren't with the special place for ducks.
They where at my sisters god-parents house. When we got their and I was going to get them, they saw me and ran away.
I kept up like this until I finely decided to take them home and leave them.
She said while I was gone, when dropped the ducklings off, that the other adult ducks where interacting with eachother.
They where also very hot and panted.
I don't know why they unimprinted on me. They where fine with just yesterday and followed me wherever I went. :(
I don't think it was they unimprinted on you but the surroundings were totally different and that was the problem. So your Aunt now has the ducklings?

Help me follow the story, here.

Are the ducks back home with you now? Ducklings, most of them, seem to go through a phase where overnight they become afraid of you. And moving them back and forth may have made it happen at this point in time. It will take several weeks for them to warm up again, and that is normal and healthy.

So could you go over the story again? Are you going to keep them? Please do not "release" them where they must take care of themselves because they cannot.

That is a great relief!

I found that talking gently to them, giving them treats, not standing over them or cornering them, and lots of time with them and patience got us through that weird time of them acting so afraid of me. I tell ya, my heart was broken. But we are all good again, it took a while.

Back
Top Bottom