Did she change her mind?

stokesdalefunnyfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 3, 2011
Stokesdale, NC
I know this is a silly question,but I'm starting to be more interested as these chicks get older. I bought 4 True Blue Americaunas from a local guy. He has all of the proper certifications and gaurantees his chicks. He said, this one is a female, unless she changes her mind. I'm starting to think that Emily has changed her mind and may be Emilio. None of the other chicks are getting their comb like this one and she was making noise like my roos did when they were chicks. Here is a picture....what are your thoughts?

98552_iphone_023.jpg
[/img]

how old? by the 2nd pic it appears to be a hen there are no slinder pointed hackle feathers and looking at this chick again there are no wattles eaither. my guess would be a pullet now getting close to laying eggs

were these pics taking around the same time? in the first pic some of those hackles appear slinder and pointed while in the 2nd i dont see any roo feathering at all...or is that just me?

is there any way you can take a pic of the chick today and post?

i'm in the middle right now...roo/pullet/pullet/roo lol if you know what i mean. since the 2nd pic he is older and it does appear to have some pointed hackles coming plus 12 weeks in that pic with that red of a comb i will stick with my roo guess first

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom