Did the same pullet lay both of these eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by m_shuman, Aug 17, 2011.

1. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    I have a pullet that started laying last week she was 18 weeks old I also have 3 austerlorps that are 17 weeks old 2 of them have red combs and wattles starting to form. This morning I found this egg under my roost. Yesterday the pullet who is laying did not lay an egg for me. I am wondering if this is her egg or if one of the austrolorps has started laying? What throws me off is the color of the egg. Hers are normally a dark brown color. Here is a picture of the egg I found this morning (lighter color) compared to the egg she normally lays (darker color). She also normally lays in the nesting box adding to my confusion. What do y'all think is it her egg or do I have another layer?

[​IMG]

2. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    It could be another hen or it could just be an egg painting glitch while your new layer figures out how to use her egg-making equipment [​IMG]

I have 2 BA's and one lays a brown egg like in the top of your photo and the other lays a very pink egg.

When mine restart laying after being broody, I often get a few off colored eggs at first [​IMG]

3. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    Quote:Wow I hope it is one of my BA's it would be great to have pink eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by