Did we buy a baby turkey? Also help ID pretty chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hercules, May 22, 2008.

1. hercules

hercules New Egg

May 22, 2008
    Hello! My kids chose these chicks, but don't know what they are. I was able to ID all but 2. I went back to the store and the guy said the brown one is a turkey?? :eek: They do sell poults with the chicks, but hubby said that he didn't buy a turkey. Help! What is it? Also, on the pretty yellow one- does this look more like a partridge cochin or a mille fleur? or something else? The pic shows the feet with a green color... Thanks so much!!!

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    wow, that thing is huge!!! Doesn't look like a turkey to me, though, looks like a chicken. Don't know what breed......I can't get over how BIG that thing is!!!!

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    BTW, [​IMG]

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm pretty sure you have a chicken, just not sure what breed. The bantam doesn't look like my Mille Fleur D'Uccle, but there are several varieties. Mine didn't get his "flowers" until 4 weeks or so. He was just orange with lots of feathers on his feet. [​IMG]

Welcome!

5. LauraMH

LauraMH Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    Aye, Def not a turkey but Gorgeous anyway. Turkey poults really look a lot different to chicks.
    xx
    Welcome

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    It's cute! not sure what it is though. My daughters turkey has the little knot where the comb would be not sure what it's called. It's our first turkey so we are still learning about them.

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Random guess, but it may be a partridge rock. It seems to look giant because its standing next to bantam chicks. IDK though....good luck

8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I think you need to go get a couple more, wouldnt want a LONELY turkey on your hands.

9. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Looks a little like my speckled sussex. They had that coloring at first and then started to darken out. It is also likely to be something of the partridge coloring as sugguested.

10. hercules

hercules New Egg

May 22, 2008
    Thank you all! This is very exciting!!! We're hoping we have hens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by