Did we buy a baby turkey? Also help ID pretty chick

hercules

Hatching
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Hello! My kids chose these chicks, but don't know what they are. I was able to ID all but 2. I went back to the store and the guy said the brown one is a turkey?? :eek: They do sell poults with the chicks, but hubby said that he didn't buy a turkey. Help! What is it? Also, on the pretty yellow one- does this look more like a partridge cochin or a mille fleur? or something else? The pic shows the feet with a green color... Thanks so much!!!

10782_brown_chick_1.jpg
[/img]

10782_chicks_1.jpg
[/img]

10782_pretty_chick.jpg
[/img]

10782_pretty_chick_legs.jpg
[/img]

wow, that thing is huge!!! Doesn't look like a turkey to me, though, looks like a chicken. Don't know what breed......I can't get over how BIG that thing is!!!!

I'm pretty sure you have a chicken, just not sure what breed. The bantam doesn't look like my Mille Fleur D'Uccle, but there are several varieties. Mine didn't get his "flowers" until 4 weeks or so. He was just orange with lots of feathers on his feet.
smile.png

Welcome!

Aye, Def not a turkey but Gorgeous anyway. Turkey poults really look a lot different to chicks.
xx
Welcome

It's cute! not sure what it is though. My daughters turkey has the little knot where the comb would be not sure what it's called. It's our first turkey so we are still learning about them.

Back
Top Bottom