Did you ever bring your chicken to Petco?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Salve&Fluffer, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Salve&Fluffer

Salve&Fluffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Did you ever bring your chicken to Petco or a similar place? For their "Howloween" party, they put out papers advertising the party. The papers say "All Pets Welcome", so someone actually could bring a chicken.

2. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Hadn't thought of that.....
    I can see how it could possibly end poorly, though. However, it could also be quite amusing....

3. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I have a real fluffy splash silkie I want to take! lol I always tell my kids I'm gonna get him a little collar and leash since all the sign says is "leashed pets are welcome" [​IMG]

4. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    That would be SOOO funny. Oh i can picture it! LOL!!! [​IMG]

5. Miss Cheng

Miss Cheng Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2010
    Posting deleted.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I have discussed doing it with one of my d'Uccles. And a pocket full of business cards with my contact info on them.
    I worry about my bird catching a disease from the other customers, though....

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    The chances of disease are scary, but I would still love to do that! But first I need a chicken diaper and leash , just in case. I'm sure they (or I) don't want to clean up after the chickens, and you never know how fascinated dogs and cats might get by the birds [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Petco folks are quite used to cleaning up after pets. Most owners are given sani-wipes to clean up any "mistakes" made by their visiting dogs. Why should it be any different for a chicken??

9. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    We take our Guinea Pigs to Petsmart all the time. Not on a leash, though we have one for them. Mostly they are in our arms or in the shopping basket.
    One time someone told us that we had better take it out because their dog or other people's dogs would get after it. In true southern fashion I informed her that if she can't control her dog well enough or anyone else couldn't control their dog then they should not bring it there and if my pet got harmed then hers was going down with it. I found the manager and complained. They asked her to leave even though she said I threatened to kill her dog. And I admitted that I did but only if she forced me to.

I have always wanted to take one of my pets like a bantam Cochin or Silchin but I figure some idiot that can't control their 100 lb dog would get hurt. I see it all the time...a huge dog dragging some kid or small woman through the store. It's funny when I don't have my own pet to protect.

10. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I have brought my Serama rooster into Petco on a diaper and leash many times before. The looks on peoples faces are really funny!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by