Did you get Snow, Ice, Both, None? Add your Pics!

mcleveland

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 6, 2012
Northeast Georgia
We did not get any snow that was predicted earlier. We did get ice, though. It's cold out, and I can hear limbs crashing in the woods behind our house. I think I am going to keep the chickens in the coop today - just not much to forage for, plus my flock may become slim pickin's for the family of red tails that live in the woods if they are out today. Hopefully by tomorrow it will all be melted away!

I would love to see your beautiful Wintry Pics!

We have about 6-8" snow out back. Can't wait til summer
big_smile.png

The stuff we have is layered..... ice, snow, ice, snow. Suppose to have more snow this morning sometime. The salt trucks haven't even been able to salt the roads. Too dangerous. Today is day 4 of winter weather advisory or winter weather warning. School was closed yesterday and I would imagine today as well. The temps are all in the negatives which means this stuff is going to be around for a while. When I think we have it bad, I remember those poor people in Massachusetts, New York, and even Michigan have it much worse than us here in Ohio. So far we have only had one water pipe bust and been without water for 5 days. Last year we lost power, had a few water pipes bust, DH accidently set the house on fire (with no water to put it out) trying to fix the pipes, it was a very bad year! I am thankful it's not been that bad yet this year.
big_smile.png

10 1/2" on my truck yesterday. More predicted today. Yesterday was a beautiful day though and most of it we spent outdoors. Now the freezing temps are coming- single digits and negatives! Chains to go out of our mountain driveway, laugh at women in cars with men trying to push them through a parking lot;-) I'm a woman but I drive a good ol truck and know how to use it...a fancy hairdo sure didn't help those ladies. I didn't laugh too hard though..just in case!

The stuff we have is layered..... ice, snow, ice, snow. Suppose to have more snow this morning sometime. The salt trucks haven't even been able to salt the roads. Too dangerous. Today is day 4 of winter weather advisory or winter weather warning. School was closed yesterday and I would imagine today as well. The temps are all in the negatives which means this stuff is going to be around for a while. When I think we have it bad, I remember those poor people in Massachusetts, New York, and even Michigan have it much worse than us here in Ohio. So far we have only had one water pipe bust and been without water for 5 days. Last year we lost power, had a few water pipes bust, DH accidently set the house on fire (with no water to put it out) trying to fix the pipes, it was a very bad year! I am thankful it's not been that bad yet this year.
big_smile.png

Oh my goodness!!!
Here's hoping you all thaw out soon!!

It doesn't usually get really cold here, but if we are supposed to get down to 9 degrees tonight, I can only imagine the temps y'all are having! Stay warm and safe!!

10 1/2" on my truck yesterday. More predicted today. Yesterday was a beautiful day though and most of it we spent outdoors. Now the freezing temps are coming- single digits and negatives! Chains to go out of our mountain driveway, laugh at women in cars with men trying to push them through a parking lot;-) I'm a woman but I drive a good ol truck and know how to use it...a fancy hairdo sure didn't help those ladies. I didn't laugh too hard though..just in case!

lol.png
Yeah I don't drive in it unless I have to!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom