1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did you know chickens hold grudges?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buugette, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    My favorite girl won't speak to me. She won't acknowledge my presence... she turns her back to me... and to add insult to injury... she comes in at night to visit... AND SITS WITH MY HUSBAND! [​IMG]

I raised and loved her from an itty bitty baby. All I did was enter her at the Grange Fair. She spent a week there and I was there every day. I had her out of her cage, held her, brought treats every day... etc. That was almost a month ago and she still won't spend any time with me. She will take meal worms from me but would rather me throw them on the ground. She now asks my husband for dinner instead of me.

My husband thinks it is funny, but I don't find it so. Will she ever love me again? [​IMG]

D

2. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    That is too funny! She sits with your husband and not you! I never knew chickens held grudges. I guess I will try very hard not to anger my chickens!!!!

3. GlitterBug

GlitterBug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Maybe chickens don't believe in "unconditional love?!"

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I think you're right.
    If/whenever I have to treat for lice, the whole crew give me a wide berth for days when they come out of the coop,

Sandie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by