Did you know this about donkeys and wartime?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I was watching Psych last night, very good show . . .and Shawn told the goofy cop that almost makes the show, that no war had ever been lost that used donkeys . . .now, I didn't google this, but thought it was interesting, and does anyone know?

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Used donkeys for what precisely? Hauling... food... alarms?

Well... how can at least one side not lose a war?
    (to me it seems both sides lose, but I reckon most will admit that at least one does)
    And if every war has a loser... and both sides use donkeys.. .well.. that makes no sense.

Also, could he have been referring to the 'old days' when donkeys were the preferred hauler... before autos... that all those wars were won ... again see above... or are donkeys still being used today? I get this weird picture of a team hauling a tank out of a sand dune...

Overall that seems like a pretty odd thing to say... and doubtful that it's true for stated reasons...

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

were they speaking of jacka$$ politicians behind the wars?

4. PineappleMama

^Naw then he'd have said they were always lost. [​IMG]

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I figured it was older wars . . .he didn't elaborate, but I need to google it to see. That is one of those useless little trivia things that we learn that is totally worthless, but interesting all the same.

Yes, if it was a jackass politician, we would have lost the war.

6. PineappleMama

^Funny you say that as Today's Random Tidbit (a FB post) was a blip from my Back to Basics book... that despite old wives' tales cucs will NOT morph with melons or squash.

I know WE believed that one... dern it... all those years could have had both cucs and squash and we've been only doing one or the other because of that stupid rumor.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Quote:I'd never heard that one. I'd always heard that squash and gourds can cross-breed, so you can't keep squash seed for next year if you plant both of them.

8. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I love Psych! One of my fav shows...

Anyhoo, I would be interested in knowing if that little tidbit is factual based or Bull-pucky based. [​IMG] Now I have to go research! Lol I can't stand not having an unanswered question!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by