Did you obsessively track your chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KentuckyChick, Jul 26, 2010.

1. KentuckyChick

KentuckyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I got my tracking number from Meyer and have been obsessively refreshing the page ever since!

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I couldn't sleep. The day before they were supposed to arrive, I took treats for the postal workers at my post office. I got calls from 3 of them the next morning that my chicks were there. I don't know if the treats made a difference but at least it gave me something to do and feel better...

3. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Quote:Yes! Mine was eggs, and I was refreshing every hour
    [​IMG]

4. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    I'M NOT ALONE????????????? WOW!!!!!!!!!!

**************Just went to my post office today to alert them to my 25 chicks that are being mailed out Wednesday at 0500 from Cackle Hatchery!! The lady was like, "Checks? Yeah, we will just leave them at your house." I told her, "NO, not checks, CHICKS, LIVE CHICKS!!" I got the feeling I am the only one in this small town that has ever received LIVE CHICKS through the mail!

Come to think of it, the treat idea isn't a bad one................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............I'll have to run back by there tomorrow with treats..............yes, treats....................fantastic idea!!! (o:

I am about to go crazy waiting for my chicks!!!
    Already have 15 BO hens
    1 mutt, but beautiful, rooster
    2 japanese BTW bantams
    7 mixed (BO and mutt) chicks (5-9 wks old)

I WANT MORE!!!! MORE!!! PLEASE JUST A FEW MORE!!!!BUT WE DO HAVE ROOM, JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE FIGURED OUT WE CAN DO!!!

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*giggles* The last batch of eggs that I received in the mail... I called for three days straight, asking if I had packages. Finally the PO clerk called and said, in a funny voice... "Your package is here... are these *really* eggs?" I reassured her that, yes, they were genuine chicken eggs. Made her day. *grin*

6. KentuckyChick

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Okay, it left Polk, Ohio, went south to Mansfield, Ohio, and now are two hours north in Cleveland. I'm hoping that means they're on a plane to Kentucky. [​IMG]

7. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    [​IMG] I'm hoping for you they arrive soon!

8. KentuckyChick

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I ordered them two weeks ago, so knowing they are this close is agonizing! I hope I get an early morning call! [​IMG]

9. CityGal / CountryWorld

CityGal / CountryWorld Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    haven't gotten a tracking # yet, but am terrified my chicks (30) will arrive...
    and i get the call once i am 30 min into my drive to work (east)
    the opposite direction from our post office (west)..
    meaning my boyfriend will get to see them first...
    BOO

10. KentuckyChick

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I'm not sure what the guidelines are for assuring overnight service vs two day express, but surely with them only being 5 hours away, I'll get them in the AM.

CityGal, I hope you get to pick yours up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by