Did you read on MSN about the chicken who saved a couple from house fire?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GreenGables, Dec 29, 2012.

1. GreenGables

GreenGables Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    "After couple saves chicken, chicken clucks to the rescue in house fire

15 hrs ago
    Karma came to Wisconsin in the guise of a lame-footed chicken named Cluck Cluck, whose excited clucking saved her owners and herself from being burned in a house fire. Dennis Murawska adopted Cluck Cluck from a neighbor who had decided to kill her when she stopped producing eggs. Treating Cluck Cluck like a pet, he built her a fine coop and moved her into his basement during cold weather. Little did he know Cluck Cluck would save him right back, by clucking at full blast from the basement at 6:15 a.m. when a fire broke out in the house. Her frantic calls woke Dennis and his wife, who were lying two stories above, while their two cats ran around doing absolutely nothing." from MSN

What a great article! Just wanted to share it with everyone on BYC.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    yes! I read that story this morning! I left it up on my computer because my family is always complaining about chickens, and now they might just save out lives! lol!

3. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Well now I have another excuse to not put my house chickees out with the flock.

4. GreenGables

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    I have 7 - 2 1/2 month old chics and they sleep in our cellar. They are outside during the day. Maybe I won't rush putting them out at night.

5. GreenGables

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    How old are your chics? RedheadErin, you live in Ireland?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by