Did you say more eggs.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ol'FashionHen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    I have two more ladies that started to lay around Christmas Eve. YESSSSSSSSSS [​IMG]. Oh my sweet Sophie givin' me eggies, and the other hmmm...yet to be caught laying. So now my silkie lays, new hamphire red lays and I'm thinkin it may be my lorpie girl. My silkie even though she sits in the nest she will only lay on the floor in front of the nest [​IMG] who knows. My sophie-nhr likes to cover up her egg then cusses at me for takin it [​IMG], and the funny thing is...I had a regular light bulb in the coop to supplement the day light for them and no laying... but a few days after I figured they must have decided not to lay until spring and changed the bulb to a red one for heat they started laying [​IMG] they must be backwards anyway [​IMG] I getting 1-3 eggs everyday now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG] Congratulations!

I started getting an egg or 2 last week. Hopefully it will start to pick up [​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] CONGRATS

WAY TO GO GIRLS [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MamaTaney

MamaTaney Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2008
    Salem, VA
    Congrats!! That's AWESOME!!! [​IMG]

5. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    congrats

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    MY DH came home Saturday with a beautiful Ameracana to ADD to our flock and she laid a HUGE gorgous green egg this morning ... OUR 1st. colored egg ... yipppeeeeee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by