Did you see the UK chickens on Fox News?

IggiMom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
West Virginia
Apparently a fox snuck into the hen house, and they pecked it to death! There were all these little beak shaped wounds on the dead fox.

Imagine that. They just looked like ordinary chickens, clucking about.

Catherine

I think my Brahmas would do that.
gig.gif
Luckily we don't have fox problems. . . Or foxes for that matter, I believe. I mean I think we do, just not in our vicinity. Coyotes - Yeah. Hear 'em howl and whine all the time, but have never seen any or had any troubles yet.

That's amazing though!

I watched a news clip on www.bbc.co.uk they were plymouth barred rock roosters that got the fox. They were pretty agressvie towards the owners little daughter, they showed them chasing her off!

I knew chickes were tough but tough enough to keep out fantastic Mr Fox, cool!

Well, we do have fox problems, and sadly, here, the fox won.

So I was quite happy to see a place where it did not!

Catherine

I think the chair killed the fox. I killed a gray fox by hitting it in the back of the head with a small rock. Their skulls are pretty fragile. Then the chickens did what comes naturally, They beat up the limp invader.
hmm.png

Last edited:
My pullets would run from my cats when the pullets were younger, but now they are big and not afraid. Not too long ago, I got two 17 week old Red Sex Linked pullets and from day one they were aggressive, even chasing and trying to attack the cats - a queen around 6 pounds and a tom around 11 pounds. One tagged my queen as she ran by, so now the cats are afraid, but I am also there watching and telling the cats not to hurt the chickens. I even have video of the cats and chickens hanging around together.

Back
Top Bottom