1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Did your chickens start doing this?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvinmychickens, Jun 16, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    When my chickens were still in the brooder, I would take off the lid, and they all would hop out. You can tell they wanted to get back outside because we have taken them out there already. (when they were in the brooder) Now, when I open the coop door, they come over and start eyeballing the open door and try to get out. Did anyones chickens/chicks do that? I just thought it was funny. [​IMG]

2. fluffychickens

fluffychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Missouri
    My chicks always jump out but I think they do it just to annoy me. [​IMG]

3. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Your probably right. Lol. When they jump out they run around all over the place and it made it hard for me to keep track of. [​IMG]

4. SavanahSilkies

SavanahSilkies Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    I have one mixed breed chick who is 4 weeks old. He/she is always escaping the brooder. Its pretty deep so no one every flys out. Except him of course. One time he escaped without me noticing and He was running around the yard for a few hours. When I open the lid, His first mission is to escape. He is so looking forward to freedom thats for sure.

5. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Lol and [​IMG]

6. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    haha yup same problem here, a huge hop and leap and there off like a bat out of hell [​IMG]

7. coyotesmommy

coyotesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    When the girls see me coming towards the coop they actually run and jump and kick the door with both feet!!! I call it Karate Chicken![​IMG]

8. WKYChick

WKYChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    one of my little girls managed to escape between my legs, she played hide-n-seek in my hostas--->very large bed of hostas<----, it took me forever to corral her and get her back to the brooder, I would watch and wait and out pop her little head from between the leaves then she would disappear again only to pop out somewhere else, yikes! I didn't have to go to gym that night for my workout!

9. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:[​IMG] now that would of been a funny sight to watch [​IMG]

10. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Now these things are really funny! Don't you just love what you and chickens do together??? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by