1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Didn't I say I was done?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I could swear I said I was done..not going to hatch anymore this season...talked about having to walk away from the computer so that I wouldnt buy those serama eggs a few days ago..

Yes, I am certain I said I was done...wanted to be done for the summer. No more staring at the incubator after this last staggered hatch....

I was possessed...yes, thats it...some unseen force took control of my hand and made it click "BUY IT NOW" for nine serama eggs...now here comes the reasoning part of my addiction..."But I DID start out with Seramas, and only had one hatch that didnt live except a few days..." "Nothing wrong with doing this hatch, start with seramas, end with seramas.."
    "Well, my friend can still borrow the one incubator- I will just keep the one with the auto turner..."

[​IMG] at least its a healthy addiction....but I did figure out how it happens. It happens during the last day of waiting, staring at the incubator....thinking nothing is going to hatch....

OKAY! After these seramas I AM DONE!

2. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    only way to stop is to sell bator!!!!

3. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    now how could I possibly sell the incubator?
    What would I do with the eggs inside it? [​IMG]

I DID tell my coworker he can borrow one of my incubators...soon as the last batch hatches.

4. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    Good luck with your Serama hatch. I set the incubator at 100.5 and 55% humidity from day 1 -hatch and I don't turn the turner off.

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    My eggs arent doing so good-out of twelve, five are clear, four are suspicious.

I just ordered a dozen eggs from Frank- hopefully I can do better than the ones I have in there now. [​IMG]

6. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Good luck. What day are you on? I'm trying to wait PATIENTLY [​IMG] until day 7 (this thursday, 6am) to candle mine. I tried on day 3 with no luck, it was too early to really see anything. And I'm trying to handle them as little as possible this round. 2 more days!! [​IMG]

7. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    The first Serama are on Day 8.
    The bobwhite quail are on Day 6.
    The Frizzled Polish are on Day 1.
    The Serama eggs from Frank are in the mail today. [​IMG]

I said I was DONE!

8. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008