Didn't really know where to post this

corewassen87

Songster
May 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm going this weekend to look at some 22 week old pullets that just started laying. They're welsummers and j was curious what a person should pay about? They're from welp hatchery originally

I don't know about that breed but thought I would just say that I bought a 25 week old Pullet from our local feed store for $40.00. She is a Chocolate Orpington which are a lite less common around here. The lady at the feed store said they usually sell their pullets for $25. I hope this is a little helpful!

That's about what I was thinking. Somewhere between 20-25 or so. I didn't even know orpingtons came in chocolate. I bet she's a cutie

Oh I love her! She's my first grown-up chicken. I also have 9 six week olds. I figure for the guarantee of a Pullet and not having to feed for 20 + weeks that $25 would be a good deal!

Wow yeah she's gorgeous. I have some coming to point of lay that I've had since day old and I agree completely that it's nice to spend a little more and be guaranteed a hen. No chick starter or heat lamps and no Roos!

It's true! The one thing lost with started pullets is the relationship. I don't know how this girl was raised and she's really timid of humans. Where as my babies, I feel like I really know and they really know me. It sounds weird, I know! I'm torn as to pullets or chicks for next time!

Yeah whenever I get new ones I always go for atleast 8 weeks old and try to get from people who handle them. When they're new I always keep them locked up in the coop for a week or so so they know that's home and I bring them treats every day sometimes a few times a day lol. Within a couple days they'll be eating out of your hand and following you around.

Back
Top Bottom