Dieing to know what color this Americauna will end up

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by columbiacritter, Sep 17, 2010.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    She/he started out as standard chipmunk chick with a little blue coloring in the wings. Turned completely blue grey with adolescent fuzz, now is sprouting mostly white feathers, some blue and a speckled head.

Any opinions or is it still way to early to tell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Easter Eggers come in all sorts of beautiful colors. You have a great example of gorgeous colors there. [​IMG] I have a couple with alot of blue in them, and I think they are just beautiful. Keep us updated ... I would love to see the coloring this one ends up with!

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Hmmmmm....good question. Katy is right they do tend to come lots of different colors due to their mixed blood lines most of the time. I have 2 little girls among a set of 12 that turned out solid black on one and one one she is black with 2 white feathers. I have NO solid black chickens and I was very confused at first, but then I thought about it. I am so happy, they are so shiny and beautiful.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That Easter Egger will be a mixed combo color of light and dark... almost splash.

The BR roo in the background looks interesting as well.

5. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:Supposed to be a maran roo. Hopefully it is.

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:It looks like a Cuckoo Marans to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by